2/5/09

What Do You Focus On?


Have you ever wondered how those ice skaters can gracefully spin in one spot at an enormous speed and not fall down? This is how they do just that. Before they begin their spin they pick a spot to focus on and as they begin to spin, every time they make a revolution they snap their head around and find that focal point. If they ever loose that focal point they spin out of control until they fall on their butts.

Our world keeps us spinning, sometimes slowly, sometimes with enormous speed. So what is our focal point that keeps us on our feet? Christ! If we take our eyes off of Him we will spin out of control until we fall. Sometimes we fall hard, real hard. Sometimes we take innocent people down with us. Either way, we will fall.

We must keep our eyes focused on our Lord no matter how slow or fast we spin or we are in great danger of falling and falling hard.

When an ice skater falls they may get physically injured. When we fall we are spiritually injured, or worse, we may trample on the Son of God. Even insult the Spirit of grace.

Psalm 25:15
My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Psalm 123:1
I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven.

Psalm 141:8
But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.

No comments: