11/28/08

Our Thanksgiving Week

This is what my wife and I did for our thanksgiving week off. Yep, we scarred our bodies, with Christ in mind though. Should of heard my wife screaming ;) Yes, the top one is mine. The bottom one was one that I already had but I added more color to the flames.

Before anybody thinks that I am a clansman let me tell you that I did research the “flaming cross” before I did it. They are known as “The Flame of Faith Cross”. A special commission for a Christian missionary, these crosses represents the flame of faith that sustains him as he carries the gospel deep into heathen lands.

A sign appeared to the Roman Emperor Constantine as a light in the noon-day sky. At the same time, he heard the words, In Hoc Signo Vinces (In this sign you shall conquer). The shape he saw was of a flaming cross.

1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.


I did this for the glory of God. And when people see them it gives me an opportunity to witness for Him.
God bless!!





Someone stop me!! This was my third in three days. It took three solid hours and I still have to go back for the color part. I'm going to do shades of purple and white where there is no black. This one just happens to be on my side....you know, where all the ribs are. OUCH!!!!

6 comments:

Epiphany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Epiphany said...

I love them!

I have 3 tattoo's already but am planning a 4th - a cross, with the words "Amazing grace" under it (That is my fave hymn but also a good starting point for witnessing and reminder of that absolute grace we are offered.

This is the style I'm thinking of going with. http://i37.tinypic.com/2zfv3uv.jpg

Bobby said...

Looks great. I have another one picked out but I can't find the image right now.

Mulled Vine said...

I am learning some interesting things about my friends in this post. :)

The only tattoo I like are those little Celtic ones women have just above their G strings, ahem... anyway moving on.

Them be some serious tattoos!

Epiphany said...

LOL Robert!!!!

I have my nose pierced too.

Hangovers from my days of rebellion. ;) But they're just part of me now I think.

Heck, when I'm old and wrinkly all the old ladies will have wrinkly old tatts. ROFL!!

Bobby said...

I go in today to have the color done on the celtic cross, wish me luck, it really hurts on the ribs.

Nice to hear from you Robert.

Blessings to the both of you.

Sue, I plan on staying hard 'til I'm 100 so mine are going to stay nice and tight ;)