9/27/08

Letter to Satan


I know what you have been trying to do to me and my family and let me tell you that it’s not going to work. I have Christ on my side and in Jesus’ name there is nothing that you can do to keep me from loving my wife and my children, as Christ loves the church. You thought that you could come between my wife and me by subjecting her to thoughts, images and actions that are only loved by you. You thought that you could come between my wife and me by giving me thoughts and actions towards my wife that are not of God. I did not show her the love that she needed. I did not show her the love that Christ shows His church. I did not treat her like the individual that she is. I did not give her the respect that she deserves. I treated her as my puppet and lost control of my thinking when my puppet didn’t do what I wanted her to do. You lead me to believe that my wife was not good enough in certain areas in my life. You gave me undisciplined thinking towards my wife and my children. I allowed you to give me a distorted attitude and outlook on what God wanted for me and this family. But my Savior is stronger than that. Through the Holy Spirit my love for her is stronger than that. All that your efforts did was made us come closer to Him and in doing that you are going to loose once again. We put all of our trust in Jesus Christ that what happened is just going to make our faith stronger and to make our marriage stronger. Yes, you get into my head at times and give me images and thoughts that are not pure, but that will not last. Through the power of Christ, every time you attack me with thoughts and images that are not of God, that are not pure and righteous I will call upon His name and He will guard my heart and my way of thinking. I will not be influenced or controlled by you. I am already victorious from the blood that Christ shed for me on that tree so your attempts are a waist of time. All that they are going to do is make me and my family stronger solders for Him.

Bobby

2 comments:

Epiphany said...

"All that your efforts did was made us come closer to Him and in doing that you are going to loose once again."

Bobby the same thing happened with my husband and I.

Once I saw what was going on I was able to laugh in Satan's face.

Thank you for sharing something so intimate. I hope the journey with Christ strengthens your family even more.

Bobby said...

You are most welcome. I felt the desire to vent to him...so I did.
God bless!!