5/20/08

Stewards Of His Time


I have had a little extra time to myself at the office today, OK my back hurts and I don’t want to move so I’m being lazy, and towards the end of the day I really started to feel convicted for not doing all that I could. That guilt went from not doing enough at work today, to not being efficient with ALL the time He has given to me. I do spend time in His word but am I doing it at the right time of the day. Are earthly things keeping me from doing His will? When things of this earth occupy our time and our thoughts we lose that voice within us that is His will. Am I being a good steward with the time He has given to me?

The following was written by Mrs. Crystal Paine;
Redeeming the Time:
Early Rising
“There is gold in the morning hours…” How true a statement! Get up before dawn, begin your day with God, and you will feel so much more of His blessing and presence all day long. No matter how comfortable your bed feels, or how tired you think you are, get up and you’ll be glad you did later. During this early morning time with the Lord, put your day into the Lord’s hands and ask Him to give you the grace to make the best use of it. The busier you are the more essential this time with the Lord is.
Planning
It has been said, “One minute in planning saves three to five minutes in execution.” One of my most-used items is my planner. Every morning, after my time in the Word, I pull out this worthwhile asset and write down everything on the calendar page for the day which I feel God would have me to accomplish. Throughout the day, I am constantly referring back to this page and seeking God’s guidance as to what He would have me to do next. It is wonderful to plan, but we also must have a flexible spirit. God often brings unexpected assignments into our day and we must drop our list and do His will. “To Jesus there was no such thing as interruptions in His God-planned life. There was always enough time for Him to accomplish all God intended for Him to do.”
Proper Priorities
We all need to be continually examining our lives and making sure that in all we are
doing we are seeking first the Kingdom of God. Our greatest danger is letting the urgent things crowd out the important. Would you live any differently if you knew you only had a few weeks to live? We will be eternally responsible for how we used our time. I don’t know about you, but it can be very easy for me to get caught up doing good things and in the process overlook the best things, the things God desires for me to be doing.
“To obey is better than sacrifice…”
Eliminate Time-Wasters
~Hobbies~

Take a close look at those things in your life which would be considered “hobbies.” How are these benefiting the lives of others? More importantly, how are they bringing glory to God? Are there things in your life which you are involved in at the expense of your relationship with the Lord and your family?
There are only three things which are going to matter in eternity—God, His Word, and
people. Wrap your life around these things. In the end, it is not going to matter how long you lived, but how well you lived. Set your mind on the main business of life. Stop getting sidetracked with petty things you’ll wish you hadn’t pursued when your life comes to an end. Eliminate these things and concentrate on what is really going to matter. How large a portion of your time has been related to the things of God?
~Worrying~“Why worry when you can pray?” The hymn states it so clearly. Some people are so
anxious about tomorrow, they can do nothing today. Forget the fretting and follow
Oswald Chamber’s life motto: “Trust God and do the next thing.”
~Laziness~
Time is used in preparation for Eternity, therefore, others should never have reason to accuse us of laziness. Time comes to us in segments all day long. A lot can be
accomplished in five minutes. Time is a limited resource and we would be wise if we acted like we believed it. The sooner we get it into our head that life has a deadline, the wiser we will be.
~Procrastination~
Don’t put off until tomorrow what ought to be done today. I recently heard a good
definition of procrastination, “Waiting for a perfect time or condition to do what God has called you to do.” No one should take for granted that they will have a long life. Don’t put things off until tomorrow for you might not have a tomorrow. “Procrastination is the devil’s tool to rob you of usefulness.”
Make the Most of Situations God Places You In
The world is continuously passing away. Our time is not recoverable. “Seize the day.”
Our lives belong to God. If we misspend our time, we are misspending our lives. We
would do well to follow Theodore Roosevelt’s motto: “Do what you can, with what
you’ve got, where you are.” At the end of your life, are you going to look back with regrets? Have you done your best for Jesus? Let us live each day with eternity’s values in view!


GOD BLESS!!

3 comments:

Sicarii said...

Thanks for writing this, Bobby. Sometimes I am just about the worst procrastinator on earth (I think!), and this is definitely a wake-up (literally).

Hope everything's well with you, Shalene and everyone at home. It's been some time since we spoke.

God bless, and Shalom!

Kristine G said...

hi, you write a great post. Thank you for sharing your thought. You know, I am having problem with the time God has given to me.. :)This post brightens my mind!
Thank's for visiting my blog also..
Blessings to you & your fam!

Bobby said...

Isaiah,
We are all doing great...hope that you and yours are doing the same.

Kristine,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I think that you and Isaiah are the only people that do.

GB you both!!